First Base Freight have been shipping cars overseas for many years. We are proud to offer fantastic car shipping rates for over 500 overseas destinations worldwide by sea and air freight.
Our reliable and professional car shipping services sail regularly from many ports throughout the UK. We are a highly regarded International car shipping company that specialises in the safe shipment of all vehicles worldwide. Our roll on/roll off and container services sees our customers given plenty of choice to safely ship their vehicles abroad.
Our first-class car shipping service with budget prices makes us the affordable choice for safer vehicle shipping services both from and to the UK. Our dedicated car shipping team can help you to understand the different processes involved to help ship your car overseas without issue.
If you are interested in finding out how much it is to ship a car, our vehicle shipping rates have just got better! We’re always looking at ways to save you money, so we have now introduced the revolutionary r-rack vehicle shipping service direct to Australia and New Zealand. This innovative car shipping system allows us to load up to 4 cars in any one 40ft HC container. This economical way of loading cars allows us to pass even greater savings on. Get a free vehicle shipping Quote today to obtain our BEST rate for shipping any vehicle overseas.
Ultimately, it depends on which method you choose, where you are shipping from and where you are shipping to, as well as the make and model of your car. Prices can drastically vary depending on destination. Shipping your car to Australia for example can costs a lot more than shipping your vehicle more locally in Europe. Keep reading to find out more!
How Car Shipping Works?
There are several ways to ship your vehicle overseas. As mentioned previously, First Base Freight Ltd offer roll on roll off shipping, container shipping (20ft, 40ft and 40 ft high cube) and shared container shipping.
Our roll on/roll off shipping service offers:
- The cheapest form of transport from the UK
- Secure shipping by towing vehicles on to the vessel and secured to the lower decks using straps to the front and read of each of them
- Shipping to ports in Baltimore, Brunswick, Jacksonville, New York, Charleston, Port Hueneme and Tacoma
- Weekly or fortnightly service from and to Southampton
- Regular safety checks throughout the journey by professional vehicle handlers
- Our regular and highly sought after car shipping destinations are as follows, you can also get your RoRo rates to Australia, Cyprus, USA, Namibia, South Africa, Mozambique, Jamaica, New Zealand.
Our container shipping service offers:
- Cost-effective and easy way of shipping a single vehicle, multiple vehicles or just general cargo
- Dedicated or shared container options (20ft, 40ft or 40ft HC)
- Warehouse in Avonmouth Trading Estate that provides 24/7 security
- UK extensive collection services at very competitive rates
Shared container shipping services sail to:
- Brisbane, Fremantle, Sydney and Melbourne in Australia every two weeks
- Auckland and Lyttelton in New Zealand every week
- Regular shipping to Limassol in Cyprus, Izmir, Izmit and Istanbul in Turkey
- Kingston, Jamaica every week
First Base Freight will always remain on call even during the evenings and weekends. Rest assured that you are never alone when shipping your car overseas with us.
The Cost of Shipping a Car Overseas
To get an exact car shipping quote, we will need to know the vehicle make and model, the dimensions of your vehicle, where you are shipping from and to and your contact details. Once we have these details, we can provide you with a more accurate quote to help you moving forward.
When looking at the costs to ship your car overseas, it is imperative that you have budgeted for all fees both in the UK and overseas before deciding if this is a good economical decision or not. All car shipping overseas rates will vary from vehicle to vehicle and country to country.
Some overseas rates will even depend on the age of the car or the vehicle engine size and the date of manufacture. Researching the overseas cost is probably more important than just the ocean freight from the UK as our shipping rates up to arrival are based on standard charges as outlined by the supplying shipping line used to ship your vehicle.
Our car shipping costs are based on many factors. These are:
- Fuel prices
- Currency strengths and weaknesses
- Volume of traffic
- Shipping traffic to a specific destination
When we give a quote, this is valid for a period of 30 days. If car shipping costs increase, your initial quote won’t get affected.
Our attractive car shipping rates include:
- Roll on/roll off car shipping to Australia will be an average of £975.00 and shared container services for saloon cars will be £695.00.
- Car shipping costs to the USA by RORO will be an average of £565.00 to Baltimore or Jacksonville for a saloon car
- Shipping to Cyprus by shared container will be from £495.00 + VAT for a saloon and £695.00 + VAT for a 4 X 4.
Get a Quote Today
Car shipping doesn’t have to be a complicated process. Before we give you a quote, you will need to gather a few important details so we can give you an accurate quote at no extra cost. This includes:
- Date of Travel
- Size of Vehicle
- Vehicle Make and Model
- Volume of Goods
- Preferred Method of Shipping
- Original Destination
- Port of Exit Packing
- Labour Insurance Details
First Base Freight has a healthy list of worldwide connections. To receive a FREE QUOTE from one of the best International Car Shipping companies in the UK, please contact us today.
What Paperwork is Required to Successfully Ship Cars Overseas?
All car shipping overseas documentation must be emailed or posted to us prior to the vessel sailing. Please find a list below of the paperwork that is required to ship your car overseas successfully.
- Copy of the V5C (log book, title)
- Photo page of your passport
- Copy of the purchase invoice for the vehicle
- Packing list if goods are loaded inside the vehicle
We do not need to have copies of any import permits for us to ship your car overseas just the few documents outlined above is enough to export or import your vehicle.
Car Shipping with Belongings
There are a select few shipping lines that will allow personal goods to be loaded inside a vehicle when shipped by RORO services. As a rule of thumb, vehicles being shipped from either Southampton or Portbury in Bristol to anywhere overseas are not permitted to have any belongings left inside the vehicle when being shipped from these UK ports. There are exceptions however, so it is always best to ask further advice when booking your shipment. If you are shipping a vehicle inside a container then goods can be loaded inside the vehicle from all ports throughout the UK.
Choosing Shipping Agents for Car Shipping
First Base Freight work with preferred agents overseas and will put you in touch direct. Compare your overseas shipping costs and services and find out what feedback each company has on the internet. A good, reputable company will have positive feedback for you to read, this will help you to make good choices when you do decide to ship your car overseas either on a temporary or permanent basis.
Why Choose us for Car Shipping?
There are hundreds of overseas car shipping companies each offering their own unique shipping experience for both the export and the import of vehicles. First Base Freight are proud to have been shipping cars overseas for over 10 years. Our gathered knowledge and expertise help us to keep one step ahead of the market place and allows us to provide valuable information to anyone looking to ship their car overseas successfully.
As one of the UK’s best overseas car shipping companies, we keep our standards high and keep you up to date with any new rules and regulations regarding the export or import of vehicles. It’s not just about shipping a car overseas with us, we take pride to get it right the first time.