Car Shipping To Cyprus
- Fast Information
- Cost starts from: £495.00
- Roll on/Roll off: Yes ✓
- Container Shipping: Yes ✓
- Frequency of sailing: weekly
RORO & Container Shipping to Limassol
Car shipping to Cyprus is fast becoming one of the most preferred destinations throughout the Med for private individuals and military personnel looking to ship their cars within the EU. Ship Cars Ltd offers professional, affordable vehicle shipping to the port of Limassol by roll on/roll off and container services every week. Our regular roll on-roll off car shipping to Cyprus service sails from either the port of Southampton or Portbury in Bristol.
Ship Cars Ltd is a regulated and fully insured International vehicle shipping specialist, we’ve been shipping cars, vans, trucks, caravans, motorhomes and plant machinery by sea for over 10 years. Our experienced and highly skilled workforce can help you every step of the way to offer peace of mind at affordable prices to Cyprus or any other destination overseas.
Cyprus Car Shipping Options
Our typical car shipping costs to Cyprus start from as low as £495.00 for saloons and £650.00 for 4 x 4’s, all larger vehicles being shipped to Cyprus need to be quoted on a case by case basis as overall dimensions are required to work out the rates. There is also VAT to be paid at 20% as Cyprus is a member country of the European Union so unfortunately VAT becomes applicable when shipping any vehicle within the EU unless this is a business to business transaction.
Are there Arrival Fees in Cyprus?
The simple answer is yes. Once your vehicle has arrived at the port of Limassol, you will need to pay for local fees before it can be released to you. These local charges in Cyprus are payable at Limassol to a local agent who will also complete the import process. The arrival costs start from €580.00 for a standard size saloon however this does not include the costs for duty or VAT applicable in Cyprus and across the EU. All charges are worked out on a case by case basis by car shipping specialists at First Based Freight.
RORO Car Shipping to Cyprus
Our weekly RORO vessels depart weekly from Southampton. Roll on roll off car shipping to Cyprus is by far the cheapest, most economical way of shipping a car.
Our safe, purpose built vessels can ship over a thousand vehicles at any one time and is the preferred method of shipping for most individuals looking for secure shipping to Limassol. All vehicles shipped are under cover and below deck, secured by ratchet straps to the front and the rear for optimum safety. Professional vehicle handlers will ensure that straps do not work loose whilst in transit and will continually check throughout the voyage of the car.
Container Shipping to Cyprus
As with RORO, our shared or dedicated container services sail every week from the UK to the port of Limassol, the main arrival port in Cyprus. Container shipping to Cyprus offers that next level of security and is a great option if you’re looking to load any personal items inside your vehicle at no extra charge.
Cars, caravans and smaller vans and motorhomes can be loaded inside either a 20ft, 40ft or 40ft HC container easily, safely and very securely. Ratchet straps around each wheel and wooden chocks stop any movement inside the container, keeping your vehicle safe whilst being shipped overseas.
Excise and Duty Relief in Cyprus?
Before shipping a vehicle to Cyprus you must first consider reading the TRANSFER OF NORMAL RESIDENCE you will find this very useful when planning your move to Cyprus. In it is an explanation on how to apply for relief from Excise and Duties on vehicles being shipped in to Cyprus.
If you are looking to import vehicle into Cyprus from the UK, you will firstly need to know the rules which must be followed.
- You must have owned your vehicle for at least 6 months and it needs to have travelled no less than 6,000 kilometers. These rules do not apply if you are retiring to Cyprus but do apply if you are planning to work in Cyprus. Should your vehicle NOT comply with these rules you will be charged the full tax rate.
- One person is allowed to import ONE vehicle only and your name must be on the V5C document and on your valid driving license.
- The vehicle must be purchased through the general conditions of any local taxes applied in the UK. This then is transferred and must not qualify for relief or refund of any VAT in Cyprus.
- You should obtain the original purchase receipt for your vehicle and keep copies.
- You can arrange insurance in the UK prior to arrival or you can arrange vehicle insurance in Cyprus.
- If you intend to work in Cyprus and apply for Relief of Excise Duties under the Transfer of Residence, the vehicle must be shipped within 12 months of your arrival date in Cyprus.
- If you are retiring to Cyprus the vehicle can be shipped and imported at any time as long as the Application for Exemption is made prior to the vehicle being shipped. You need to apply for the Exemption within 6 months of your arrival in to Cyprus.
We can recommend a good clearing agent in Cyprus for you to contact before shipping your car to Limassol. The agent will advise you of all local fees that will be due, this will help you to work out the full costs involved in shipping your vehicle in plenty of time. Please ask for details.
For further information about our car shipping services to Cyprus, please contact us today where we will gladly assist you or simply fill out our quick quote form for an instant rate.