Car Shipping to New York
- Fast Information
- Cost starts from: £1195
- Roll on/Roll off: Yes ✓
- Container Shipping: Yes ✓
- Frequency of sailing: Monthly
Reliable Vehicle Shipping to New York
Car shipping to New York offers a fast & efficient way of transporting a vehicle from the UK to the East Coast of the United States. Our RORO and dedicated container services sail weekly. Transit time takes 10 days from either Southampton or Liverpool to New York. We’ve been successfully shipping vehicles from and to New York for over 10 years. whatever the vehicle, we will ensure that it is looked after from start to finish.
To further our vehicle shipping services to New York, we engage reputable shipping lines that sail directly from and to the US every week. We can confidently ship cars, vans, trucks or motorhomes and guarantee that it arrives in the same condition that it left. We work with a great selection of reliable US partners who can assist with customs clearance, complete the required ISF filing and can arrange collection or delivery to anywhere throughout the USA from and to the port of New York. These carefully selected partners have continued to work with us for 10 years, they can be relied on at all times to get the job done efficiently and professionally every time.
Car shipping costs to New York
Our car shipping costs to New York start from £1195.00 for a standard size saloon car such as a Mercedes CLK or mini cooper by Ro-Ro, whereas the cost to ship a standard size 4 x 4 such as a Toyota Rav 4 is £1395.00. All rates are subject to change due to fuel fluctuations. For an up to date rate please complete our quick quote form or call us today. Costs for shipping larger vehicles such as a van, truck, motorhome or caravan is based on the overall dimensions. In order to receive an accurate rate we will require the length, width and height of it.
Reliable RORO Shipping to New York
Roll on/roll off (RoRo) offers a safe and secure way to ship a vehicle to New York by sea. These purpose-built ships sail from Southampton or Liverpool every week. Minimal handling of vehicles encourages better rates both in the UK and at the port of Newark, NJ. Vehicles are secured across multiple decks using straps and/or wheel braces. Professional crew will monitor all vehicles throughout the voyage to ensure these remain secure at all times. safety on board is taken very seriously by the crew, who will continue to check whilst in transit.
All vehicles are stowed inside the vessel, this ensures they do not come in to contact with either the wind, sea or rain for example. RORO has remained to be the favourite choice and mode of transport for major vehicle manufacturers who ship hundreds if not thousands of vehicles at any one time. The cost to ship by RORO compared to container is significant. RORO offers an economical way of getting a vehicle to New York at a fraction of the price of container services.
Container shipping to New York
We offer weekly container shipping to New York for either a 20′, 40′ or 40′ HQ. Container shipping to the USA offers that next level of secure shipping for people shipping a high valued vehicle or is simply loading personal items. Vehicles are secured by professional loaders and are packed at one of our many loading facilities in the UK. Vehicles are secured using straps and wooden wheel blocks before being sealed inside the container.
The Import Restrictions in the USA?
USA IMPORTERS BEWARE!
Non-Conforming (Non-U.S. Version) Vehicles
- EPA strongly recommends that prospective importers buy only U.S. version (labeled) vehicles, because of the expense and potential difficulties involved with importing a non-U.S. version vehicle.
- Non-U.S. version vehicles less than 21 years old must be modified to meet U.S. emission and safety standards and/or to be identical to U.S. version vehicles and must be imported by an Independent Commercial Importer (ICI).
- EPA strongly recommends that current owners of non-U.S. version vehicles sell or Otherwise dispose of those vehicles overseas rather than ship and import them into the U.S., because of the expense and potential difficulties involved with importing a non- U.S. version vehicle.
- The EPA policy which permitted importers a one-time exemption for vehicles at least five years old has been eliminated.
- Before shipping a non-conforming vehicle for importation, EPA strongly recommends that the importer either make final arrangements with an ICI for modifications and testing, or obtain EPA approval in writing for importation. Storage fees at the ports are costly, and the vehicle may not be eligible for importation.
- Not all non-conforming vehicles are eligible for importation, and ICIs are not required to accept vehicles for which they have qualifying certificates of conformity.
- EPA certification of ICIs does not guarantee the actions or work of the ICIs, nor does it regulate contractual agreements and working relationships with vehicle owners.
For further information on car shipping to New York or any other destination in the USA, please contact one our highly trained members of staff, or simply complete our online quick quote today and we’ll get straight back to you.