Here at First Base Freight when we give our customers a quote for shipping there car we always try to give them every option possible. Many people that we have spoken to over the years didn’t know that you can actually ship your car in a container. Many people like the idea, but usually because the costs are higher usually decide to go for the cheaper option of shipping by Ro Ro.
The main reasons why many people do ship by container are:
1. Shipping lines only offer full insurance cover if your vehicle is in a container.
2. Some destinations only accept containers.
3. Once you vehicle is in the container and locked the container can then only be accessed by customs.
The main reasons not to ship by a container are:
1. Generally container shipping is more expensive
2. Generally there are more Ro Ro sailings per month than container sailings.
The above reasons are just a guide as different shipping companies have different rates and different countries have different rules.
Prices can also change depending on what container size you have. The most popular sizes are 20ft, 40ft and 40ft high cube. Check out our container shipping page, it shows dimensions of the containers and a bit more information.
You can also just give us a call and we can try to answer any other questions that you may have. Call 01495 320540 or email: [email protected]