Ship your car and your belongings overseas to new pastures and it’s understandable if you have a few butterflies fluttering around in your tummy. This is a new adventure, it’s a thrilling voyage but you’ll have a few concerns as well. How do you sleep the night before the move then, what ways can you relax?
- Take long soak – This is the last chance you’ll get to use the tub at your old home so enjoy one last soak in the bath. Light a few candles, you can always box them up again in the morning, pour a glass of wine and enjoy the warm, bubbly water.
- Treat the neighbours to a pint – It’s always sad leaving good neighbours behind, especially if they have become more like friends. So go to your local for one last time, have a pint and a laugh, just don’t overdo the alcohol, you don’t want to wake up with a sore head.
- Visit your favourite restaurant – Do you have a restaurant nearby where you have shared many happy memories? If so, book a table and enjoy a final meal there, it’ll give you the chance to say goodbye to all of the staff.
- Get a takeaway – Don’t bother cooking on the last night in your old home, order a pizza and save all that washing up. Stuff your face with a stuffed crust and when you’re done, just throw the empty box in the bin.
- Reminisce! Talk about the many happy memories you have shared in the house over the years. Have a box of tissues handy though. When you get to talking about your baby’s ‘first steps’ or your first Christmas together in the home there are bound to be a few tears.
Moving is fun, just think of ways to relax the night before and shipping overseas won’t feel like such a big deal.